If you want to be more safe, comfortable and confident on a bike, RI Bike can help you build the skills you need with in-person instruction and at-home resources.
Programs for all ages and riding levels
RI Bike instructors and education directors are experienced, LAB certified and ready to help get more people riding. Programs can be tailored to your group’s specific needs.
- Businesses – Let RI Bike help you get your employees healthier and happier by getting to work (or just getting out) on their bikes.
- Schools – active in schools across the state RI Bike’s educators have created after-school programs to help kids learn safety rules of the road.
- Community organizations
From choosing a bike to the rules of the road
- Learn to ride for the first time
- Learn to ride again
- Broaden your skills
- Basic bicycle maintenance
- Avoidance skills
Essential bike skills for safety and confidence. RI Bike emphasizes on-bike experience.
- Youth riding and safety programs
- Bike Camps at Red Shed & Bike Newport
At-Home Learning Resources
Resources for Adult cycling
Visit the League of American Bicyclists ‘Ride Smart’ videos for an in-depth riding and safety guide.
See more Ride Smart videos at BikeLeague.org
Resources for Kids’ cycling
The Red Shed has a great YouTube channel with informative videos in English and Spanish! Visit for tips on helmet fit, bike checks, and rules of the road.
The Red Shed is a program of the Woonasquatucket River Watershed Council
Why I Bike - StevieCycling has been very important to me, it’s gotten me through the lowest parts of my life and if I couldn’t do it than I would probably become intolerable. Experiencing new places on a bike is bliss to me, I’ve done it in 3 different countries now and it’s my favorite way to get around.