About RI Bike
Since 2004, the Rhode Island Bicycle Coalition has worked to create safe & accessible biking in for all.
Our dedicated board, volunteers and members envision safe & connected bike routes separated from traffic within easy reach of all Rhode Islanders.
Bicycles are a key part of a successful mobility network. Transportation, personal mobility, recreation – RI Bike works with all levels of local and state government to prioritize active transportation in all planning decisions. Find out more about RI BIke’s advocacy work.
If you want to be more safe, comfortable and confident on a bike, RI Bike can help you build the skills and confidence you need with in-person instruction and at-home resources. Find out more about RI Bike’s educational programs.
Events, Group rides, activities and more! RI Bike is in the community – riding, spreading the word and having fun! Find out more about the RI Bike community.
In the Legislature
RI Bike has helped craft and pass laws to make cyclists and pedestrians safer on the streets.
- Frank’s Law – Safe passing legislation
- Hand Held Ban – For safe driving
- Bicycle Mobility Plan – part of the State’s Transportation Master Plan
- Vulnerable Road Users Bill – over 10 years work!
- Roadway Safety Act –
RI Bike is an active member of these local, State and regional organizations.
- East Coast Greenway Council
- Statewide Traffic Safety Coalition
- Providence Streets Coalition
- Paths to Progress
- Rails to Trails Conservancy
We also work closely with advocacy groups around the State.
- Bike Newport
- Friends of the South County Bike Path
- Blackstone Valley Tourism Council
- Woonasquatucket River Watershed Council
- Bike Tiverton
As part of the ongoing work to track issues important to Rhode Island cyclists, we monitor and raise our voices at State and local meetings where big decisions about policy, legislation and infrastructure are made.
- Statewide Planning – Transportation Advisory Council
- Providence Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Council
- Providence City Council
- Mobility Innovation Working Group
In addition, we act as the designated key stakeholder for projects across the Ocean State. In this capacity, we review projects, attend preliminary presentations and consult with local agencies.
Why I Bike - BronxieMy human tells me that riding a bike reminds her of when she was a kid, and she loves how freeing and energizing it is. She really enjoys getting some exercise along the way, too.
- YOU are invitedThe Rhode Island Bicycle Coalition’s Annual Meeting will be held on Sunday November 13th at the Dye House… read more
- We all just live off Hope: Safe Streets EditionFinal preparations are being made for the installation of the Hope Street Temporary Trail. The very last element… read more
- Election matters: Assessing Nellie Gorbea’s Climate Action PlanThis is the beginning of a series of posts discussing candidates and their positions on issues important to… read more