The Woonasquatucket River Watershed Council posted 3 jobs openings last week. They are seeking a Greenway Manager, Senior Ranger and Bike Shop Manager. All positions are seasonal, with the bike shop manager being the shortest at 14-weeks. Text of the Bike Shop Manager listing is below.
Bike Shop Manager
The Woonasquatucket River Watershed Council (WRWC) is seeking a Manager for our Red Shed Bike Shop. The Red Shed Bike Shop (RSBS), now in its fifth season, is a community bike shop started by the Woonasquatucket River Watershed Council.
The Bike Shop Manager will be supervised by our Bike Shop Director, who plans, leads and organizes all Red Shed programming.
Shop Manager is responsible for all aspects of shop operations, including:
- Maintenance of interior and exterior of shop;
- Receiving all Red Shed customers including those needing repairs, rentals, or those who want to purchase a refurbished bike from the Red Shed.
- Repair of customer bikes, maintenance of shop rental bike, and preparing refurbished bikes for sale;
- Assisting with coordination of pick up/drop off of donated bikes;
- Help coordinate bike sales;
- Assist with distribution of promotional materials;
- Receiving payments, safe storage and transport of receipts, purchasing supplies, completing paperwork and tracking shop participation through use of WRWC forms.
- Advanced Bike Maintenance and Repair Proficiency;
- Organized and responsible;
- Ability to work independently;
- Working cell phone;
- Excellent references;
- Enjoy working with children.
Spanish speaking, from Olneyville, and experience working with children, all pluses!
The Red Shed Bike Shop (RSBS) consists of two 30-foot, bright red shipping containers located at Riverside Mills Park on Aleppo Street in Olneyville. The RSBS provides bike maintenance and repair workshops for local youth at low or no cost, provides low cost bike repairs and rentals, and refurbishes used bikes for sale. Revenue from rentals, sales and repairs help us keep the shop open in this underserved community and help us increase bike use on Woonasquatucket River Greenway Bike Path, Providence’s only paved off-road bike path.
Compensation: $12 per hour, 25 hours per week, 14 weeks. Start immediately.
How to apply: Send resume and short cover letter to email@example.com