From John Powning:
RECYCLE-A-BIKE is a volunteer-based community bike education and maintenance collective that promotes bicycling as a safe, fun, sustainable, and empowering mode of transportation. We provide the greater Providence community access to the skills and resources to maintain, repair, and build bikes in a workspace where all are welcome. We are currently located in the Steel Yard.
RECYCLE-A-BIKE is working to assemble a board of directors that would have responsibilities relating to:
– periodic review of organization goals, and progress towards those goals
– suitability of location and facilities
– review of educational and community offerings
– review of the organization’s vision and mission statement and progress
– legal consultation
– communications to the greater providence and wider bicycling community
– continuing leadership development
We hope this opportunity is of interest to you. If so, and you would like to discuss this further, please contact me by email or phone.
Thanks for your consideration,