Recycle-A-Bike seeking Valet Coordinator
Recycle-A-Bike is seeking a bike valet coordinator to manage and run their very popular bike valet. Below is the job description. If interested, contact Recycle-A-Bike.
The Valet Coordinator will be responsible selling valet services and coordinating an average of 2 four-hour valet sessions per week over the months May through October. Recycle A Bike valet services may be utilized at various events throughout the area including farmers’ markets and music and arts festivals.
- Contacting and selling valet services to potentially interested parties (event planners)
- Developing and scheduling a network of volunteers that can staff the valet.
- Maintaining the kit of valet equipment (racks, tools, RAB literature, banners, posters, donation box)
- On-the-job training of volunteers
- Soliciting feedback from event planners (why they chose not to use valet, or what they liked or disliked about hour services)
The valet coordinator will work approximately 10 hours/week, and be paid an hourly wage that will be based on their qualifications for the position. No other benefits are offered with this position.
- Enthusiastic and active biker; excited about clean, efficient, alternative transportation
- Able to think out of the box, network, contact, and attract potential clients
- Able to cold-call potential clients, resilient in the face of rejection
- Able to network and attract volunteers that are excited about alternative transportation
- Able to provide simple on the job training to volunteers