AIRPA Public Meeting on Naval Station Newport Land Reuse
Join the Aquidneck Island Reuse Planning Authority (AIRPA) on Thursday, April 7th as it presents a set of alternatives for Naval Station Newport’s 225 acres of surplus land at a public meeting to be held at the Community College of Rhode Island – Newport Auditorium starting at 6 p.m.
The meeting will include:
- Overview of the BRAC reuse planning process
- Review of site characteristics
- Discussion of alternatives for each surplus property
- Interactive breakout sessions
- Next steps in the planning process
- Open question and answer period
Public input is critical to the success of the planning for the Navy surplus land, and AIRPA is eager to hear what Aquidneck Island residents and others have to contribute.
For more information on the public meeting or the reuse planning process please visit www.aquidneckislandrpa.org.
Julie Oakley, Property Reuse Coordinator