May is just around the corner and this means Bike Month! PBC is working with the Providence Foundation and US Open Cycling Foundation to help organize Bike to Work Day, May 16th. Keep an eye on the site, we will be posting more updates as the date gets closer.
In the mean time, take a look at the League of American Bicyclists, list of 50 ways to celebrate bike month publication. Here are some of my favorites:
- Ride with your child to school
- Join your local advocacy group
- Commute to work on a bike
- Work with your state DOT to clean the shoulders of a popular biking road
- Ask your employer to install bike racks at your workplace