Bike the Night
Mayor of Providence Jorge Elorza bikes to work almost every day, and he wants to share that experience with you! On the first Thursday of every quarter, join Mayor Elorza and the Rhode Island Bicycel Coalition for an evening ride that showcases different neighborhoods of Providence. Bring your bike, a helmet, and front and rear lights to City Hall, and enjoy this slow ride for all experience levels!
Registration & Check-In at 6:00 PM. Ride departs at 6:30 PM.
Next Ride – July 6, 2017 – Roger Williams Park
Join us on July 6, 2017 for a 10.7 mile ride on the new greenway in Roger Williams Park. Our ride will take us along segments of the Downtown Transit Corridor and City Walk routes in Providence ending at AQUA at the Marriott Providence hotel. Bring your friends and your sunscreen!
Ride departs from Providence City Hall at 6:30 PM.
- Oct 5, 2017
- Jan, 2018
- Apr, 2018
Bike the Night is a volunteer-run event and can’t happen without your help! If you would like to help with future rides, Contact Us. Include “Bike the Night” in the subject and information about how you would like to contribute.
Bike the Night launched in October of 2015. Since that first ride, we’ve visited many communities and neighborhoods in Providence. No two rides have been the same, and we continue to plan new routes every month.
- October 8, 2015 – South Elmwood – Our first ride! And the only Bike the Night that didn’t happen on the first Thursday of the month. We rode down the infamous Allens Ave for a ride through Roger Williams Park.
- November 5, 2015 – East Side of Providence – We visited the east side of Providence, including part of the on-road route of the Blackstone River Bikeway, Hope St, and Thayer.
- December 3, 2015 – Olneyville – Participants in December received a free Holiday Helmet Cover courtesy of generous RI Bike donor. Decked out in holiday lights & gear, we biked the Woonasquatucket River Greenway – Providence’s only off-road bike path – through Olneyville. We stopped at The Scurvy Dog, the first business Bike the Night has visited, for a post-ride celebration.
- January 7, 2016 – West End, Silverlake, & Hartford – Cold temperatures didn’t stop us in January! We took to the streets again to ride through the neighborhoods to the western most neighborhoods of Providence. we finished the ride at Pizza J to warm up.
- February 4, 2016 – Wanskuk & Charles – Officially Bike the Night’s longest and steepest ride – in the rain, nonetheless. This route was challenging with several steep climbs. It was worth it in the end, however, as we rolled into the parking lot at Ladder 133.
- March 3, 2016 – Roger Williams Pond – Riders braved the cold for a slow roll along the perimeter of Roger Williams Park. We celebrated Women’s Month at the end with a stop at Murphy’s, owned by Ruth Ferrazzano, located at 100 Fountain St.
- April 7, 2016 – Unfortunately, due to weather, April’s ride in 2016 was the first Bike the Night to be cancelled.
- May 5, 2016
- June 2, 2016
- July 7, 2016 – Ride cancelled due to weather.
- October 13, 2016
- January 5, 2017
- April 19, 2017 – Youth In Action took over Bike the Night with help from Recycle-A-Bike! Our largest ride ever, with nearly 50 youth in participation!